Forum Replies Created
You must be logged in to create new topic or reply to the topic. Click To Login
- AuthorPosts
You can resolve this by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings
nav.slicknav_nav .is-menu a { display: none; } nav.slicknav_nav .is-menu form { display: block !important; position: static; opacity: 1 !important; margin-left: 15px; }I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.
It seems your theme-specific issue and I can help you to resolve it after troubleshooting the issue.
I tried to access your shared website but it just displays “We’re building our brand new site”.
Could you please make sure that your shared website is accessible so that I can help you?
Best regards,
Ivory Search SupportThank you for providing detailed information.
I tried to reproduce the issue on my website but I couldn’t so it seems specific to your website.
Perhaps this is because we are lazy-loading some JavaScripts or CSS at the end of the page? I do not know why it was happening.
This can be an issue so you can try temporarily deactivating the lazy-loading and test it.
Also, I can see you are using some cache on your website so you can also try clearing the cache.
I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.
The latest released plugin version 4.5 contains search analytics functionality that tracks in Google analytics what users are searching on your website.
Actually it should display as below for you.
/?s=search-term&id=Default&result=Results FoundI want to test it but I don’t see any search form on your website as shown in the attached screenshots.
Could you please display the search form on your website so that I can test and troubleshoot it?
Best regards,
Ivory Search SupportAttachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.Thank you for sharing your site URL.
I visited your website and saw your website theme has created a custom search bar therefore it is not controlled by the Ivory Search plugin.
You can change the theme search bar functionality by developing a custom code contacting the theme author.
If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site or WordPress agency.
You can also consider us to develop it for you using the form https://ivorysearch.com/custom-work/
I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.
Could you please share the page URL from your site where your theme’s search bar is displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?
Best regards,
Ivory Search SupportYou are always welcome, I’m glad I was able to help you with this matter. There is no obligation but by your kind words I wonder if I could trouble you to leave a review based on this experience here:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/add-search-to-menu/reviews/?filter=5
I’d really appreciate that. 🙂
And if I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to ask.
You can align it by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings
.is-search-form input.is-search-input { margin: 0; }I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.
#1 Is there a way to change the default text when no search terms are matched?
#2 Is there a way to have recommendations given when exact search terms are not found?The no search results found page is displayed by the search.php file of the theme that you are using on your site so the plugin doesn’t control how the text will be displayed on it but your site theme controls it.
You can change this developing custom code in the search.php file of your child theme by contacting the theme author or consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site or WordPress agency.
You can also consider hiring us to develop it for you using the form https://ivorysearch.com/custom-work/
And a final question and attachment, when given search results, can the search button align with search form?
Yes, we can align it using CSS.
Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you to align it?
Best regards,
Ivory Search SupportI hope you are well today and thank you for your question.
Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?
Are you using any cache system on your website?
If yes then please try deactivating it or using the solution shared on the below page.
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cause-admin-ajax-php-403-forbidden/
Also, you can resolve the 403 forbidden error as described on the below pages.
https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/
Getting the 403 Forbidden Error in WordPress? Here’s How to Fix It
Best regards,
Ivory Search Support- AuthorPosts
You must be logged in to create new topic or reply to the topic. Click To Login