Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1,661 through 1,670 (of 1,715 total)

You must be logged in to create new topic or reply to the topic.

  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How Search by Category #1001
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

    PD: I have activated in Include > Taxonomy Terms, the taxonomies that I want available to search, making ON the option “OR – Search posts having any one of the above selected terms.” and these options “Search in taxonomy terms title.” “Search in taxonomy terms description.”

    From your above description it seems you have configured the search form correctly to search posts by category name and it should work on your site.

    Could you please share me screenshot of search form settings that you have configured and also share me your site URL where the search form displaying so that I can troubleshoot it?

    Best regards,
    Ivory Search Support

    in reply to: A few questions about positioning :) #991
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    Thank you 🙂

    I am owner of company and also provide support. I do all the things and currently is only person in the company 🙂

    in reply to: A few questions about positioning :) #982
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    Is the edit feature time limited? I cannot see the edit buttons. I would like to go back and remove my URL from my previous posts

    Yes it is limited. I have removed your site URL from your reply.

    in reply to: A few questions about positioning :) #980
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    You are always welcome here 🙂

    You can leave review on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/add-search-to-menu/reviews/?filter=5

    And you can get Pro version either from https://ivorysearch.com/pricing/ or the Ivory Search menu in your site admin area.

    Please advise if you have more questions.

    Have a fantastic day!

    in reply to: A few questions about positioning :) #976
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

    PS: Wish this forum had an edit button!

    Yes there is an edit button as shown in the attached screenshot to edit the reply but it is only available for limited perios of time after posting reply so that the feature won’t be misused by users.

    1) How can I place a genericon above the “Search” text (like the search link on the far left), so it fits in with the rest of the nav bar.

    You can achieve this by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings

    
    .nav-secondary .genesis-nav-menu > .is-menu > a:before {
        content: "\f400";
    }
    .nav-secondary .is-menu a:before {
        display: block;
        vertical-align: top;
        text-align: center;
        -moz-transition: color .1s ease-in 0;
        -webkit-transition: color .1s ease-in 0;
        font-family: "Genericons";
        font-size: 36px;
        font-size: 3.6rem;
        font-style: normal;
        font-weight: normal;
        font-variant: normal;
        line-height: 1;
        margin-bottom: 8px;
        text-decoration: inherit;
        text-transform: none;
        -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
        -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
        width: 100%;
        speak: none;
    }
    

    2) How can I move this menu item to be on the far left, to replace the existing search link.

    Please use below custom CSS code to display it to the left side of menu.

    .nav-secondary li.is-menu {
        float: left;
    }

    Best regards,
    Ivory Search Support

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: Style SVG Spyglass Icon #970
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    You are most welcome, I’m glad I was able to help you in this matter. There is no obligation but by your kind words I wonder if I could trouble you to leave a review based on this experience here:

    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/add-search-to-menu/reviews/?filter=5

    I’d really appreciate that. 🙂

    And if I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to ask.

    in reply to: Style SVG Spyglass Icon #966
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

    You can change it by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings

    .is-menu path {
    fill: #FFF;
    }

    Best regards,
    Ivory Search Support

    in reply to: Why do I have two search boxes? #963
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    You can change the color of the magnifying glass icon using below custom CSS code.

    .is-menu path {
        fill: #FFF;
    }
    in reply to: Why do I have two search boxes? #960
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

    For some reason I have a search box in the middle of my menu as well as a magnifying glass at the right side. I would like to get rid of the one in the middle if possible – how can I do this?

    I visited your shared site but didn’t see any search form in the middle of me as shown in the attached screenshot.

    Please advise.

    I also want to get rid of the “Search” button that drops down below the actual white search box because I think it’s redundant. Is that possible to do as well?

    You can remove the button by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings

    .is-menu input.search-submit {
        display: none;
    }

    Best regards,
    Ivory Search Support

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: product variations? #954
    Ivory Search
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1,826

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

    Yes you can achieve this by configuring search form to search product post types and its taxonomy terms variations as shown in the attached screenshot.

    Best regards,
    Ivory Search Support

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1,661 through 1,670 (of 1,715 total)

You must be logged in to create new topic or reply to the topic.